Innovasys HelpStudio Lite
HelpStudio Lite was a bespoke version of Innovasys HelpStudio specifically designed to allow developers to create Microsoft Help 2.x help systems for integration with Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008.
Support for HelpStudio Lite was terminated by Microsoft in April 2011 and it is
therefore no longer available for download.
A free trial version of the improved 2011 version of HelpStudio, which contains
all of the functionality contained in HelpStudio Lite and much more, can be
HelpStudio Full Version
HelpStudio Lite contained a subset of the full HelpStudio functionality. In
addition to new
features in HelpStudio 2011, the full version of HelpStudio contains the following features
which not present in HelpStudio Lite.
- HTML Help 1.x output (for creating .NET desktop application help)
- Web ready output, including Table of Contents, Index, Full Text Search and Favoriates (for creating ASP.NET and other web application help)
- PDF Booklet creation
- Localization support - create help systems for multiple languages in a single project
- Build flags / conditional content - create multiple outputs from a single source project
- Feedback - comprehensive support for gathering and analyzing feedback from your help users, including an ASP.NET web application
- Source Control integration with Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server and several other Source Control providers
- Screen Capture, Image Mapper and Image Processing tools
- HelpStudio Automation and Extensibility SDK
- Content Widgets; a customizable library of complex content helpers, e.g. drop down sections, expandable image sections, note and tip boxes