Widgets are a configurable and extendable library of content helpers with related resources. Using Widgets where suitable delivers a number of benefits:
- Widgets reduce duplication of effort by allowing you to quickly create common content;
- Widgets help to enforce consistency across your projects;
- Widgets also allow you to separate presentation from content by defining the style and structure of common content elements;
- Widgets are stored as XML in your content, but are authored entirely inline in the same way as your other content.
Standard Widget Types that ship with HelpStudio include:
- Note, Tip and Caution boxes;
- Dynamic Image (enlarge / collapse a thumbnail image in place);
- Colorized Example Code;
- Include Topic (include the content of one Topics in another);
- Expandable Text;
- Drop down section.