XSD and XML Schema Documentation
Document! X is a combination of an automated XSD documentation (XML Schema documentation) tool and a full documentation authoring environment which can be used to create accurate, professional quality database documentation for XML Schemas (either from already defined XSD files, or automatically inferred schemas directly from XML files).
Document! X is not just an automated XML schema documentation build tool - it is also includes a fully featured documentation authoring environment allowing you to author supplementary content (descriptions of elements, simple and complex types, hyperlinks to related pages or web sites etc.) where required.
- Fast, accurate, professional quality XML Schema documentation from XSD or XML files;
- Market leading authoring tools for creating supplementary content;
- Document elements, simple types, complex types, groups, attribute groups, attributes, particles and facets;
- Output includes colorized XSD/XML source code where available;
- Customizable HTML based template driven output can be adapted to your requirements;
- Generates documentation to HTML Help 1.x (CHM) or web ready pure HTML including a full Table of Contents, Index and Full Text Search.
Download a free evaluation version
Author content in XSD Annotations and / or externally
Document! X can use XSD annotations (<annotation> and <documentation> elements) where they are defined in the source. This means that you can continue to define descriptions for your simple types, complext types and elements in the XSD source and Document! X will use them automatically.
Example Xsd Annotation:
The documentation annotation type allows you to include basic
documentation within the XSD schema source.
Authoring additional content externally
You can also author content in Document! X Content Files if you would like to maintain some or all of the database documentation content outside of the XSD source code, or if you are generating documentation directly from an XML file.
The full featured HTML Editor, Dynamic and Project Spell Check, Find and Replace and Link Check tools make authoring activities as productive as possible.
Document! X Content File Editor - XML Schema documentation
Document! X automatically generates comprehensive diagrams for the XML Schemas you are documenting. The XSD diagrams provide an easy to understand representation of your Schema structure.
Example Schema Diagram
Benefits of using Document! X
Using an automated documentation tool immediately delivers the following benefits:
- XSD documentation can be built by Document! X from your XML Schema or XML file in moments, reducing the amount of manual effort involved in creating a documentation set to virtually zero;
- The documentation generated by Document! X is accurate and always up to date. Creating the same documentation manually is error prone;
- Producing a documentation set for your XSD XML Schema makes it more maintainable as there is a structured reference to accompany the schema;