Document! X - Tool for Java Documentation
Document! X is a combination of an automated Java documentation tool and a full documentation authoring environment which can be used to create accurate, professional quality documentation for your Java projects.
- Fast, accurate, professional quality documentation;
- Market leading authoring tools for creating supplementary content;
- Automatically integrates the generated documentation with popular Java IDEs for F1 and tooltip help support;
- Documentation pages generated for library, namespace, class, interface, constructor, method, property, field;
- Generate documentation to HTML Help 1.x (CHM), Help 2.x or web ready pure HTML including a full Table of Contents, Index and Full Text Search.
- Customizable HTML based template driven output can be adapted to your requirements and ships with standard phrases pre-translated to 9 different languages;
Document! X is not just an automated documentation build tool - it is also includes a fully featured documentation authoring environment allowing you to create supplementary content (descriptions and remarks for Packages, Types, Interfaces, members, hyperlinks to related pages, example code, index kewords etc.) where required. The authoring tools provide support for technical writers, localization and source control.
Download a free evaluation version
Author content in source comments and / or externally
Java (Javadoc) source code comments
Document! X will use any Javadoc format source comments where they are available - including all of the standard comment types defined in the Javadoc specification as well as any additional comment types that you define.
Author documentation content in a Document! X Content File
You can also author content outside of Java source code if you wish, or combine both approaches and have some content in Javadoc source XML comments and some in Document! X Content Files.
This approach is quite common as it allows technical writers to contribute more extensive content or examples, or override content defined in source comments for editorial reasons, without stopping developers from documenting in the source.
Content File Editor - edit content for a Java project
The Content File editor includes dynamic spell check, hyperlink designer and designers for example code, permissions, exceptions, index keywords etc.
Benefits of using Document! X
Using Document! X as your Java documentation solution immediately delivers the following benefits:
- Java documentation can be built by Document! X in moments, reducing the amount of manual effort involved in creating a help system to virtually zero;
- The documentation generated by Document! X is accurate and always up to date. Creating the same documentation manually is error prone and very labor intensive;
- Help for the Java project you have documented can be easily integrated with popular Java IDEs providing instant F1 and tooltip help support for you, your team or your customers;
- Producing a documentation set for your Java library makes it more maintainable as there is a structured reference to accompany the source code and API;
Javadoc - the Java source comment standard home page (Oracle Page)
How to Write Javadoc Comments in Java source code for use in a automated tool (Oracle Page)
Source Comment examples (O'Reilly Page)